Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This Week in Mayfair (02/18/13)





Alright, the quick and dirty version since it's friggin' Wednesday already and let's face it, you kinda like it that way. *wink*

The Grey Lodge Pub; always quick and NEVER dirty (unless you want them to be and in that case they are more than willing to run out back in the alley and make like a chinchilla taking a dust bath).

Taco Tuesday was last night. My bad. (I'm not going to say it was a President's Day hangover but I'm not going to deny it either.) But since you've been going for awhile now and don't need me to tell you. But here's next week's reminder in the even that I'm slacking as bad as I was this week: TACO TUESDAYS.

Next time TR says "Bully old chaps!! Let's do shots of Jager!!", tell him to eff off.

Quizzo is tonight starting at 8pm up on the second floor. Prizes and bragging rights are up for grabs. Are you wo/man enough? I highly doubt it.

She's a really good Quizzo moderator!

Any comparisons between the Boaks 5th Anniversary Party and your parents anniversary party is a bit crazy. But I can guarantee that you won't be stuck talking to your elderly Aunt Violet and Aunt Gertie about what a floozie your Aunt Louisa is because she forgot to wear a bra and put her teeth in (again) at the GLP. So beg off and say you have the stomach flu on Friday, February 22, 6pm – 9pm.
There will be an anniversary cake (yay!), brewer/owner Brian Boak and 3 years of their specialty Belgian beers; Monster Mash, plus Two Blind Monks, Wooden Beanie, Abbey Brown and Double BW. 

Did I ever tell you about the time your grandpa and I had a threesome?
And last, but certainly not least is Third Thursdays in Mayfair at Headquarters (7213 Frankford Ave) starting at 7pm. Local artists, light refreshments and a gallery art show all in one place. Read more about it here: 





No comments: