Monday, June 4, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (06/04/12)

What did you do on this gorgeous weekend? I'll tell you what I did! But first I need to share this picture with you:

Grey Lodge Pub owner, Mike "Scoats" Scotese, being handed the Hammer of Glory by Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
It's times like these that I wish I knew a little bit about Photoshop so I could have a lot of fun with this picture but alas, my skills are laughably pathetic.

If I had even a modicum of talent I could have put Scoats and the Mayor in the following pictures.
Wow. Just wow.

or this one (of COURSE Nutter would be Ron Burgandy because I would only have to get rid of the bottom part of the facial hair--I don't even know how to Photoshop and I'm already looking for lazy shortcuts. Scoats? Brian Fantana. Duh.)

Honestly, you can't go wrong either way with this picture.

This would have been the pièce de résistance...Nutter as God handing Scoats the HOG. 


Honestly, it's probably a good thing I don't learn Photoshop because then I would spend all my time Photoshopping myself and my friends into random pictures that only a select few would find funny. Like this for example:
Milt, thou shall wear the scarlet letters "M.W" to pay for thy sin of "Media Whoring" thyself.

That's just Microsoft Paint and I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm now the target of the entire Mayfair Town Watch team. Hahahaha! Nah. Milt and I are buddies (at least we were prior to this post) and he knows it's all in good fun (it's all in good fun, Milt!!). But be warned, what I lack in Photoshop skills I make up for with my mad ninja skills. So if you think you can come at me with all your forces, I have a blow-dart with each of your names on it (ninjas use blow-darts, right? I mean...of COURSE ninjas use them!). So BRING IT!

So now that we know that Scoats is rubbing elbows and hammers with Philadelphia elites I guess we can rest easy that the Northeast is in good hands. But pray tell, what is actually going up here in our neck of the woods? Hang on, let me put down my katana sword so I can type.

Philly Beer Week is still being celebrated at the Grey Lodge Pub. I'll give you a quick rundown of all the brewers that will be on hand this week but since I've devoted over 3/4 of this post already to Scoats and the GL, I'll refer you to their events page for more details. (Greedy Scoats, taking all the Mayfair attention...just because you and Mayor Nutter are BFF's!!! Tell him I said "Hi" and that I have a Northeast Dog Park thing I want to talk with him about....what? It's politics man!)


Monday, June 4--5:00pm
Philly Beer Week: You Don't Know Dick!... But You Will. Takin It Easian with Elysian
Tuesday, June 5
7:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Three Bourbons, Three Scotches, Five Beers, the song stylings of Lew Bryson
Wednesday, June 6
4:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Getting Heavy with Green Flash's Chuck Silva
6:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Who Put Hops in My Cider??? I Want to Thank Them
8:00pm--Quizzo
Thursday, June 7
10:00am--Philly Beer Week: Get Yer Fill of Pils
Friday, June 8
5:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Neshaminy Creek Now Flowing
7:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Dogfish Head White Lodge + Black Lodge = Grey Lodge
9:00pm--Philly Beer Week: Belgium Comes From Manayunk
Saturday, June 9
5:00pm-- Double/Doppel/Dubbel Your Fun with Shawnee

Now that I'm finished talking all about the Grey Lodge I can move onto the other businesses in the hood. Specifically, The Perzel Agency, Mike Perzel and his fine staff! Mike is still giving away the chance for Phillies tickets. Get a quote on your personal insurance (Auto, Home, Renters, Life) to be entered to win seats (Section 131, Row 5--game to be determined) at The Perzel Agency. While there, don't forget your $5.00 Wawa Gift Card. Just make sure you mention the MBA! All MBA members also qualify for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for getting a quote on your Business Insurance. No Purchase Necessary must be 18 years or older.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot! What did I do this weekend? Not much except I spent my Saturday afternoon hanging out at the Saturday in the Park Summer Slam Jam in Pennypack Park, listening to some great music, enjoying the gorgeous weather, and hanging out with many of the coolest people in Mayfair from the Mayfair CDC, Mayfair Business Association, Mayfair Memorial Playground and the Mayfair Town Watch. MTW hosted a "Thank You" picnic for it's members and it was a great time (props to Milt, VP Anna Stacey and her hubby Kenn for putting it all together and feeding us)!! Seriously, if you haven't come down to one of the shows at the Pennypack bandshell, this is the summer to do it! It's a great crowd, great vibe, family friendly and some of the best people watching ever!! I highly recommend it! Here's the link to their Facebook page with the line-up of the rest of the summer concerts. Pennypack Park Music Festival

No comments: