Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ho! Ho! Holy Crap!--It's Almost Christmas!!

Can we please discuss why all vintage Santas are so creepy looking? I mean, this guy looks likes he wants to eat children not give them toys. Alright...back on topic....

Got all your shopping done? Yeah, me neither. I have a couple more people to buy for so I'm heading the Avenue tomorrow with the kids to pick up some great stuff.

Since I will be dealing with my darling spawn all day tomorrow while Christmas shopping (I know it's insane, I'm doing it anyway) I'm going to need something to lessen my stress (i.e. forget my name). I will definitely be checking into the Grey Lodge tomorrow to sing some Christmas carols with local beer writer Lew Bryson (www.lewbryson.com) from 7:30pm to 9pm. And most likely I will be sampling ALL the Christmas beers on tap including Troegs Mad Elf, Sly Fox Christmas Ale, Great Lakes Christmas Ale, and many more. Care to join me? Of course you do!

I can't wait to see the look on my 3-year-old's face when he opens up his presents on Christmas morning and sees that I got him a signed copies of Lew's books Pennsylvania Breweries and New Jersey Breweries (which he's selling on Thursday) as well as the Grey Lodge gift cards and T-shirt. Oh, it's not a fire engine and you can't drink until you're 21? Well, Merry Christmas to Mommy then!

Don't forget, on Sunday, Christmas Day, The Grey Lodge will be open Christmas night at 8pm but just the bar only. No food. Bring enough Christmas cookies to share if you're coming.

No comments: