Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (02/27/12)

Spring is in the air people! Not that we've had much of a winter but I had a friend tell me she saw her first robin, flowers are blooming, and the kids are getting a little nuts on the warmer days. I'm so in the spring mood I spring-cleaned my house and my car out this weekend which is ridiculous considering how disgusting my minivan has gotten. I think I found an entire box of cereal spread out over the entire car and some grapes that were pretty much on their way to being raisins. Every time I finish cleaning the car to it's like-new status I swear I won't let my kids eat in it again. That pretty much goes out the window once we are stuck in traffic, they're screaming, and I would pretty much sell my soul to get them to clam up so I can listen to "Fresh Air" on NPR (what? sometimes it's REALLY interesting). My husband wants to drive down to Disney World with them next year. He is hilarious and apparently smoking crack because he forgets the hell we endure driving down the shore with the little monkey's in the summer. Oh don't worry, he'll be reminded soon enough. Memorial Day travel is not too far off.

What's more synonymous with spring than baseball? That early bird himself, Mike Perzel at the Perzel Agency is giving all MBA members a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for getting a quote on your Business Insurance. Make sure when you're at Mike's office, mention the MBA, and get a quote on your personal insurance; Auto, Home, Renters, Life and you'll also receive a $5.00 Wawa Gift Card. You will also be entered to win 2 PHILLIES TICKETS; great seats Section 131, Row 5 (game to be determined). No Purchase Neccessary must be 18 years or older.

Scoats is back from his early spring vacation. I haven't seen a t-shirt or a shot glass yet but you know, it's not that important. I wasn't expecting anything (No, I'm not crying. I have something in my eye.) Maybe he'll be at Quizzo Wednesday at 8 pm to share some of his well-traveled knowledge or maybe he'll be holed up in his house looking nervously out the window for lurking shadows on his porch. Not that I know anything about that....

On Friday, March 3 from 7pm – 10pm
the Grey Lodge will celebrating the 4th anniversary of Boaks, one of the region's greatest little breweries. According to Scoats and crew, Boaks makes some amazing beers and their Belgian beers are spot-on. Well, this little event sounds like it's right up my alley. I'm a big fan of beer and Belgian beers are my favorites. (I like tequila too, and vodka, and whiskey of course. No. Not together! Dear Lord, this isn't "Intervention").

Boaks doesn't actually have their own brewery, but they brew out of two other local breweries. Grey Lodge will celebrate Boaks' Belgian superiority by putting on tap all the Boaks beer (
Double BW, Monster Mash, Two Blind Monks, and Wooden Beanie) they can lay their hands on and brewer/owner Brian Boak will be there. They are having cake too to celebrate their 4 years. I mean, really? You had me at Belgian beer but you add cake into the mix too? Can Friday night get any better??

Even though we are past the winter holidays and into the spring ones, Viriva is
still thinking of you bringing you their Post-Holiday Debt Consolidation with their Signature Loan Rate being as low as 5.00% APR**. They are also giving out scholarships! Viriva is accepting applications for their 2012-2013 Scholarship Contest. The deadline is March 3, 2012. For complete details about Viriva's Scholarship contest click here.

No comments: