Sunday, April 8, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (04/09/12)

I'm tearing myself away from poaching all the jelly beans out of my kid's Easter Basket's to bring you all the news in Mayfair. Honestly, the sacrifices I make for you people. You're lucky I'm letting the marshmallow Peeps sit and "ripen" a few days til they get that nice little sugary, crunchy crust on them. Otherwise, I would be typing with very sticky fingers. I realize it's not much of a challenge considering I'm usually typing while clutching vodka bottles in my hand but imagine how much less sense it would make if I had that additional challenge. It would kind of be like "My Left Foot" except Christy Brown was actually talented.

So speaking of jelly beans, the jelly bean contest that Torresdale Flowers was holding has now crowned a winner...a very lucky winner in my estimations (no one likes jelly beans more than me except for the Gipper). There were 849 jelly beans in the jar and the winner of the $50 gift certificate is Pat Zucowski with a guess of 825 jelly beans! Congratulations to Pat! Remind me to call Antoniette later and ask her what she's doing with the jar of jelly beans. Prom season and Mother's Day are just around the corner so make sure you keep checking back with Torresdale Flowers! I'm sure beautiful things will keep blooming!!

Mike Perzel is just awesome. I know you guys are aware of this at this point but it's always nice to just throw it out there! Phillies home-opener is today and Mike is still running his Phillies contest for 2 Phillies tickets! Be entered to win great seats (Section 131, Row 5--game to be determined). No Purchase Necessary must be 18 years or older. You must get a quote on your personal insurance (Auto, Home, Renters, Life) at the Perzel Agency. While there, don't forget your $5.00 Wawa Gift Card. Just make sure you mention the MBA! All MBA members also qualify for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for getting a quote on your Business Insurance. Mike, if you're ever in the mood to do a Flyers giveaway I will literally stalk your office...just sayin...

Since the adult Easter Bunny sucks this year and you didn't get the IPad2 you were hoping for you can enter to win it at Viriva CCU ! For all the details click here.

And now of course I come to the narrative portion dedicated to the Grey Lodge. There is practically an event every day this week at the GL!! It would almost be easier to just post a link to their events calendar that you could click.

Like This--click here!


OMG!! That's like magic, y'all!! But then I wouldn't get to talk about it and entertain you (i.e. help you waste time while at work). And let's face it...it feeds my sick, demented ego in some way only years of therapy and medication could cure. I'll save myself about 80 billion dollars here and just pour my soul into blogging and advertising instead because we all know, it's my parent's fault anyway.

Tuesday night is the gathering of the Future Beer Barons of America Club (aka Lucky 13 Home Brewers). I wonder if this is how the Busch, Pabts and Coors family all started their empires? Meetings are every 2nd Tuesday of each month on the second floor from 7:30 to 8:30.

The Meeting of the Minds (aka Quizzo) is always on Wednesday's from 8pm to 10pm. Finally that advanced Liberal Arts degree can start paying for itself in $25 increments at a time.

Wednesday, 4/12 is Rex Goliath Day at the Grey. Who's Rex Goliath you ask? Only the biggest 47 pound mother-effing rooster to strut around the face of the Earth!! He's kind of a big deal. Now typically, Rex Goliath Day is celebrated on 4/7 to honor all 47 pounds of this feather covered monstrosity. However, for some reason, the chaps at the GL couldn't celebrate it on 4/7 and will instead be celebrating on 4/12. What actually happened is that Scoats and Chef Dave took the staff on a camping trip on 4/7 for some team building exercises and it quickly devolved into a real-life "Hunger Games" scenario when they realized they forgot to pack sandwiches. No one really wants to say much about it considering they lost several of the waitresses and a busboy. So anyhoo....on 4/12, Chef Dave will also be whipping up a capon special or two. Vocab word of the day: CAPON--a rooster that has been castrated to improve the quality of its flesh for food. MMMMMM! Sign me up? No word on whether or not one of the other specials will be be rooster ball soup. Ickies.

Rex-Goliath winery execs,managers, and maybe a rooster or two will descend upon our humble premises. There will be no bets taken (during business hours) or cock fighting (at least of the feathered variety--HEEEEYY OHHH!!) They will hand out t-shirts, flip flops and stuff like that and oh, maybe some wine.

On Friday the 13th we will be blessed with another Friday the Firkenteenth event! This week cannot get any better...at least until next week! Another jam-packed happening week at the Grey Lodge.



And on a more serious note please keep the firefighters who were killed and injured in this morning's blaze in Kensington in your prayers. May they rest in peace and their families be comforted and surrounded by love in this most difficult time.

No comments: