Sunday, April 15, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (4/15/12) PART 2


Well now that I've documented my complete and utter idiocy to you all in cyberspace, I hope you haven't lost too much respect for me. And if you have, allow me to attempt to gain it back by telling you about all the good stuff going on in Mayfair. Feel free to lord your intellectual superiority over me for the time being. I'll be back. Stop laughing.

Naturally I'll be skipping Quizzo at the Grey Lodge this week so I can lament my lost brain and cry my dumb self to sleep. But those of you who are up for the challenge can attend on Wednesday at 8pm on the second floor.

Let me say this though! I'm not the only one losing my mind this week. Scoats and the guys at the Lodge have an event planned for Thursday; National High Five Day and there is NO information available about it whatsoever on their site! (Ha! I'm not the only dumb one!) Thank God for Google because I typed in National High Five Day and came up with this site.

aaaaaand this little gem of a video.

So I'm assuming that you get to drink beer and celebrate your ability to drink beer by high-fiving the crap out of everyone you see. I can do that. Apparently, I can't walk and chew gum at the same time but I can high-five (I think)!!

What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!! That joke has very little to do with National High Five Day I've just been re-watching a lot of Chappelle recently. I'm stupid so I can get away with randomly associated things. You understand.

Friday is 4/20. I'm sorry? What did you say? What's special about 4/20? Oh sweetie. Do yourself a favor and stay home. Or better yet...get out of the house from under the rock you've been living and head on over to the Grey Lodge for the 420 Everybody Must Drink Stone Event. On Tap for 2012's 420:

Citruelle Celeste de Citracado, a collaboration beer Stone did towards the end of last year with The Bruery and Elysian. Stone grew their own pumpkins and yams and made a nice brown ale with some subtle spicing.
2011 Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout
Vertical Epic 11-11-11
Arrogant Bastard

Is it a coincidence that Earth Day is the day after 4/20 this year? Two full days of the celebration of trees? Almost too much to handle. Bust out the granola, macrame, and patchouli and walk your hippie ass down through Grosvenor Square (really Frankford Ave through the Devon District--details and semantics.)Buy a pint of cold Long Trail, keep the glass, plus a seedling to plant. Very cool! Whatever you do don't trade your shirt for a grilled cheese sandwich (Unless Chef Dave is making it and in that case, trade away.) And DON'T take the brown acid.

Always intelligent and ahead of the curve is Mike Perzel. He's so smart he can predict the weather and he knew that today was going to be summer-like. And what is more summer-like than baseball? The Perzel Agency is still running the Phillies contest for 2 Phillies tickets! Be entered to win great seats (Section 131, Row 5--game to be determined). No Purchase Necessary must be 18 years or older. You must get a quote on your personal insurance (Auto, Home, Renters, Life) at the Perzel Agency. While there, don't forget your $5.00 Wawa Gift Card. Just make sure you mention the MBA! All MBA members also qualify for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for getting a quote on your Business Insurance.

Alright I'm off to boost my confidence up a little bit by watching a marathon session of Jersey Shore and any of the Real Housewives franchises. I personally am looking on the bright side of things--when the zombie apocalypse comes I'll be the last one alive because I'm completely non-appetizing and not worth the trouble. I'm the mental equivalent of a potato chip bag that you open up that's filled with 2 chips and all air. I'll miss all of you and your humongous brains when you're gone.

No comments: