Monday, July 9, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (07/09/12)

Yup. It's that hot.
UPDATE: It's still hot.
FURTHER UPDATE: It's summer in Philadelphia...what makes you think it wasn't going to be hot and humid in JULY?

Hold it together peeps! There's a little bit of relief today where you can actually go outside without the heat hitting you in the face like a ton of bricks and immediately starting to sweat. So, how were you all keeping cool? Me, I pretty much stayed inside and watched movies I hadn't yet gotten the chance to see. That and I shopped my over-heated little heart out at Target (I really need to see about making them an MBA member even though there isn't one in Mayfair). I think I must have been there at least 5 times over the past 5 days and dropped a couple hundred bucks on stuff that I needed/didn't need but must have! I walked around in there so much because I was dreading going on in the heat and delaying the inevitable of trekking back to my car in the blazing heat and promptly burning my hand trying to get my seat belt on, on the steering wheel and burning my ass on the seats. You know you have a problem when the guard greets you and says "Hey! You're back!" Yup.

This humidity makes my hair crazy.
Things continue to heat up at the Grey Lodge Pub this week and there is much ado about stuff! The Lucky 13 Homebrew Club will be meeting on Tuesday to discuss the art and science of brewing with each other and how they all survived the heat during the past week. I'm going to channel my inner psychic and say iced underwear was very popular (I wonder if Target carries that? Because I obviously need it.). Lucky 13 will meet at 7:30 on the second floor so get your frosty behind there! As always Quizzo will be on Wednesday night starting at 8pm and if I were running it I would be dressed as Heat Miser and only have heat related questions!! Here's a sample of what I would ask because these seem to be the burning questions(yuk, yuk) EVERYONE seems to be asking everyone else (obviously the answers are all subjective but most creative answer wins. Please note, I will also accept acts of minor physical violence as answers to any of these:

1. Hot enough for you? (No, I personally like it when the backs of my knees sweat while I'm sitting down.)
2. Do you remember a July being as hot as this already? (Uh, yeah. It's July. That's typically what happens)
3. Do you think this heat will ever go away? (Nope. Didn't you hear? Global warming has taken full effect this year and we're the new Florida. Enjoy and watch out for alligators!)
4. If this is July, are you looking forward to August? (I hate you.)
5. Don't you wish it was winter? (This coming from the person who will also ask in the dead of winter "Don't you wish it was summer?". GRRRRR!)
6. It's not so much the heat, it's the humidity? (I know. It's a stretch. I'm Ron Burgundy? )
AMEN!!! (Why is he wearing gloves?)

Little Jimmy practices for his future pledge class debut.


This week we are also blessed with another Friday the Firkenteenth so of course Scoats and the crew are waiting for you with open arms and open firkens to slake your dry, dusty throat with the finest brews known to man. The Firkenteenth starts on Friday at noon and goes til 10 pm! Be there or be hot!



 And summer wouldn't be complete without the continuation of the saga of the boys of summer; your Philadelphia Phillies. Of course the Phillies are unfortunately the opposite of hot right now but that doesn't mean you still can't support them, have some hot dogs, and enjoy some tall cold ones courtesy of Mike Perzel and The Perzel Agency. Get a quote on your personal insurance (Auto, Home, Renters, Life). You will then be entered to win seats (Section 131, Row 5--game to be determined).   While there, don't forget your $5.00 Wawa Gift Card. Just make sure you mention the MBA! All MBA members also qualify for a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for getting a quote on your Business Insurance. No Purchase Necessary must be 18 years or older.

I can't think of anything witty to say to end this so I'll leave you with these awesome images to make you giggle.




I'm at a total loss as to what to say here.
So true, yet so gross.


Oh my! That's the biggest heat wave I've ever seen!!







No comments: