Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hipsterbation

Do you know what this is?


Mason jar right? You're grandmom or maybe even your mom probably used it for canning her summer tomatoes or to hold pencils right? WRONG. Nowadays it's something even more important and fascinating. Observe.

It's actually what I like to call hipster bait.

Other things that are hipster bait:
Ugly sweaters and PBR.

Huge glasses and mustaches.

Fashion sense.
 I don't really get what my thing with hipsters is because I find them both repugnant and fascinating at times. I mean I like PBR, scarves, and I'm obsessed with Zooey Deschanel's hair but I have no issue luring them all into a coffee shop and Jim Jones-ing the whole batch of organic, fair-trade, slow-brewed, hand-ground, Ethiopian Dark Roast.

Drink up Tallulah. Drink up....
 I have a point. I promise.

Do you want your own Mason jar to drink from? Of course you do!!

On Friday, January 11 from 6pm – 9pm The Grey Lodge Pub will be hosing Rogue Brewery who will be giving out some special Rogue Mason Jar glassware while supplies last. 

While you're there you can sip from Rogue's special line of beers made from the bounty of their farms; Chatoe Rogue. Scoats will have on tap Chatoe Rogue Wet Hop, Chatoe Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager, Chatoe Rogue Single Malt Ale, Chatoe Rogue Orgesmic Ale, Chatoe Rogue Roggenbier Rye, and  Chatoe Rogue Mead.  Chatoe Rogue Pumpkin will be in bottles which you can then pour in your Mason Jar!! There will also be some random fun GLP games. Scoats put the call out asking for one of those Farm "Speak and Says"....you know the ones that make animal sounds? I, of course have one because of my kids, and will be lending him mine. 


Friday night farming.



Tonight is also the meeting of the Lucky 13 Homebrew club starting at 7:30 pm and Quizzo is Wednesday at 8pm!!

One more potshot at hipsters:



No comments: