"This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather." Bill Murray, Groundhog's Day
Break out the polka music and head to Gobbler's Knob (it's not what you think it is perverts) because this week is Groundhog's Day!! Why is it that we have all the technology available to mankind yet we continue to rely on a large, furry land-beaver for weather predictions? I mean, have you SEEN that new phallus satellite thingy Action News is using? You're telling me that the perpetually good-looking robot weather people can tell me if a drop of rain will fall in my backyard on Tuesday at precisely 9:02am but they can't tell me when spring is coming? iPhone doesn't have an app for this? What a load of crap. All I know is it better be an early spring, if not I'll be road-tripping it out to Punxsutawney so I can thank Phil for his awesome predictions (i.e. squeeze the life out of his fat, unreliable, little body and then make him into a hat)
Since you can't make it out to Punxsutawney, (or don't want to in my case. Don't make me come out there.) Scoats and clan at the Grey Lodge have a whole day planned around Groundhog Day called "The Groundhog Day Hawaiian Shirt Beer Breakfast and Lucky Cat Beer Prognostication" (Jesus Scoats...title long enough for you? *wink*).
Things you must do to be a part of it:
1. Be there at 7am. (you can come before work or better yet just call out. Jobs are so overrated.)
2. Wear a Hawaiian Shirt for the Best/Worst Hawaiian Shirt contest. (awesomely self-explanatory)
3. See if stupid Phil sees his shadow at 7:20am.(clenches fists and makes threatening gestures).
4. Sample 10 delicious beers specially tapped for this occasion. Founders Breakfast Stout, Ommegang Aphrodite, Philadelphia Joe Porter, Russian River Supplication, Sierra Nevada Exportation (2 years old), Sierra Nevada Life and Limb, Sly Fox Hobo Ed's Coffee Porter, Troegs Scratch 55, Victory Dark Lager, and Yards Old Bart.
5. Wear Mardi-Gras Beads. You're going to do all the above but now you're balking at wearing beads? They are the perfect accessory to your Hawaiian shirt and early morning buzz.
Want more info? Check out here for some video of last year's celebration and more details!
The awesomely reliable Mike Perzel is still running his special and it's getting close to the end!! So get your butt to The Perzel Agency to take advantage of Mike giving you a Powerball ticket for getting an auto insurance quote. He's also giving away a $15.00 gas card once a week and a $150.00 Lowe's Card at the end of January (each quote will receive an entry to win). For any member of the MBA or their employees he will also give them a $5.00 gas card in addition to everything listed above.
Freedom Credit Union is still lowering their personal loan rates. They are just as sick of this winter as I am and I wouldn't be surprised if they rode shotgun with me out to pay a visit to our furry little friend. Details below my little regulators!!
- Fixed APR as low as 5.99%*
- Amounts from $500 up to $20,000
- No fees and no pre-payment penalty
- Terms up to 6 years
- No collateral required
- Membership in Freedom Credit Union required. Freedom Membership is available for individuals, as well as for businesses and organizations. They also welcome Select Employee Groups (SEGS). Freedom personal Memberships are for anyone who lives, works, worships, performs volunteer service, or attends school in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, or Philadelphia Counties.
I'm off to read my manual on rodent extermination or as the literary world likes to call it "Of Mice and Men". I wanna pet the groundhog George....