Monday, September 3, 2012

This Week in Mayfair (9/03/12)

Woo-hoo!! Our 200th post!! Is it coincidence that it's also my birthday AND Labor Day? Nope. The stars have truly aligned  and the fates are smiling to bring us this most precious and momentous occasion on the same day.

You will have to forgive me if this post is somewhat short as it's Labor Day, my birthday, and my youngest (Neutron Bomb) is also in the midst of a slight stomach flu. I was greeted this morning by him vomiting into my hand before I even had the chance to pour myself  a cup of coffee. I knew something was wrong with him when he wouldn't eat his favorite breakfast (pancakes) and told me and my mother-in-law that he wanted to go back to bed to sleep (he had been up for about 30 minutes).  He did rally somewhat around lunchtime and is currently yelling my first name at the top of his lungs because he's completely exhausted but refusing to sleep. Kids are the gift that keep on giving.

You'll have to also forgive the lack of pictures as Blogger's image uploader appears to also be taking Labor Day in stride and is currently not working either. 

Quizzo at the Grey Lodge this week is on Wednesday starting at 8pm. Teams of 4 on the second floor!! Get there!

I got a chance to go into Stan's Health Food Store at 7161 Frankford Ave this week to take a look around and see what they are selling and it's ALL good stuff! I'll be doing a feature on Stan's this week to give you the lowdown. As I mentioned previously they sell organic bath and body products along with vitamins and other healthy lifestyle products. They also have a LOT of gluten free items which I'm very interested in as my dad has celiac disease and isn't supposed to eat anything containing gluten (he cheats a lot though)! 

Don't forget to stop by Torresdale Flowers and pick up dozen red roses for $19.99. I'd get my little Neutron Bomb a "get well" bouquet but honestly, he'd probably just try to eat them and then there would be more trouble. Maybe we'll just look at pictures of flowers here. Torresdale Flowers


Mark your calendars because Viriva's holding a Flea Market for Charity on Sunday, September 30, 2012 from 10AM until 3PM at their Warminster (157 York Road  Warminster, PA 18974) branch. I know I said last week that I'll do a separate post about this (I forgot--oops!) to include all the info Viriva CCU. I promise to get to it this week!

 Keep going to Mayfair Shop N Bag so you can be one of the weekly winners of the $50 or $100 free gas gift card at Mayfair Shop N Bag. There's one $100 winner weekly and 4 $50 winners! See the store for details!

Also, stay tuned because I'll be bringing you more details about the Mayfair CDC and Republic Bank sponsored Mayfair Farmers' Market preview days scheduled for Sunday, September 23 and Sunday, October 14 from 9am to 2pm.

No comments: